Soccer, officially known as "football" to keep it inline with the rest of the world, is a popular sport in New Zealand.
Our national Soccer team are the All Whites. Ryan Nelsen is the current captain of the All Whites.
Other teams include:
The are the Football Ferns, and the female under-20 team are the Junior Football Ferns.
- Football Ferns (national women's team)
- NZ U-23
- Junior All Whites (under 20)
- Young All Whites (under 17)
- Junior Football Ferns (female under 20)
- Young Football Ferns (female under 17)
- Futsal Whites
There are a range of competitions we participate in, including:
- ASB Premiership
- Lotto Sport Italia NRFL Premier
- US1 Premiership
- Central Premier League
- Robbie's Premier Football League
- ODT FootballSouth Premier League
- National Women's League
- ASB National Youth League
- ASB Phoenix Challenge
- Chatham Cup
Follow New Zealand Football on the official New Zealand Football website: www.nzfootball.co.nz.
Current Date & Time: January 19 2020, 12:23 pm
Did you Know?
Baldwin Street, in Dunedin, is the world’s steepest street. The road has a gradient of 1 in 2.86 at its steepest section, a 38 per cent grade.